Pages

Sunday 17 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey: Day 7, Activity 1

Activity 1: At the first ever Paralympic Games in Rome, the athletes competed in eight sports. Cycling was one of them. For the cycling event, two people compete together as a team – one of the people has a disability and the other does not. Here is a picture of a para-cycling team from New Zealand:
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Paraclycing team (NZ).jpg

At the moment the most famous para-cycling team in New Zealand is comprised of two female athletes – Emma Foy and Laura Thompson. Emma is blind but Laura is not. Together they work as an amazing team. Imagine that you were asked to compete in a tandem cycling event and you had to choose one person to compete with. Who would it be? On your blog, tell us who you would compete with and why. If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui because he’s pretty fast and very funny. He would make me laugh as we biked along and would be very supportive and encouraging! I know that I could trust him to be a good teammate. Who would you choose?

If it was me then it would be my Dad. This is because I completely trust my Dad and he is very sporty. I also know that I would have a great time because he is very funny and supportive.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you have made a really good choice, Alecia. It sounds like your dad would be the perfect person to pair up with for the tandem cycling event. You will need to work with someone who you can completely trust. I've actually tried tandem cycling and it's quite tricky. You have to work together perfectly in order to avoid falling down (literally)!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.