Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

Recount: The Matariki Fireworks!

On a frosty Saturday night my family and I along with majority of Glen Innes headed to the last night of the Matariki Lights Festival. I was absolutely pumped because tonight I got to see the fireworks as well. After about 2 - 3 hours it was finally time.

So our whole family gathered on the left side of the reserve on a little hill side and waited. We suddenly heard the MC start to shout “10, 9, 8, 7..” so we joined along. “6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!” It happened so fast, the first firework popped in the sky light popcorn, then the next one, then the next. The sky was filled with all the colours of the rainbow.

It was like we were at Christmas in the Park again. It honestly felt so magical because I was experiencing it with my family! I honestly couldn’t think of celebrating it any other way. The fireworks finished off with gold fireworks that brang the sky to life. When it finished I looked over to my family and saw that they all had massive smiles on their faces as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.