Pages

Friday 29 July 2016

Narrative Writing: The Magical Night

“Somewhere over the rainbow..” I strummed my ukulele lightly and sang my heart out. “Excuse me, do you mind!” Benji shouted back over the music. “Oh come on Benji what are you so down about?” I asked.
He didn’t reply, but instead walked ahead of me. We made it back to the campsite just in time, the sun had just set and the forest was coming to a close.
I took my ukulele out and starting singing again “Ohhh somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there’s a land, that i’ve heard of once...”
“Honestly Angela, do you ever stop singing!” he shouted, now standing.
“I can’t music is my life!” I shouted back.

Benji lay back down, turned to face to the other side, clearly frustrated and annoyed with me. “Could you please go sleep, because i’m trying to go sleep.” He asked me, but I just kept on playing and playing like there was no tomorrow. I decided to change the song, to something more familiar to him. “Savalivali means go for a walk, tautala means to much talk...” I started singing and I saw Benji’s ears perk up, he turned around with a serious expression on his face. Suddenly, something amazing, no! Something magical happened. The creatures started slowly crawling up to us, humming along to the tune. Instead of stopping, I continued. I glanced at Benji he looked speechless, motionless and most of all shocked.

I smiled my greatest smile that I could muster and sang my heart out. The birds, bees, butterflies, caterpillars, frogs and the rest of the creatures, sang along as well. When I looked back at Benji he was starting to stand up and had a huge smile on his face as well. He walked up to me and at this point the creatures had stopped humming and my smile had faded. He held his hand out, gesturing to the ukulele, signalling to me that he wanted to play it. I smiled and gave him the ukulele. The next thing I knew, I felt like my heart was pulled out of my my chest, smashed into tiny pieces and given back to me. He had sinisterly thrown my ukulele into the fire. I started screaming my heart out, the happiness that I had, was thrown out of the window. The creatures slid off into their homes and Benji had gone back to sleep happily now. While I sat in the dark, alone for the rest of the night, howling and screaming for my one true passion.
Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 6.13.26 PM.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.