Pages

Friday 4 March 2016

Monitor My Reading #1: Badge of Honour

Monitor My Reading #1: Badge of Honour
Learn: to be able to monitor my reading.
To show I understand what I read, I have to...

1. QUESTION: I wonder? What if? Why? How? -
I wonder what happened at the end?
I wonder if Isaac did really lie for Tamasi?

2. VISUALIZE: Images I see... The scene I can picture the clearest is... -
Answer: On the first page the scene that I picture in my head is the school hall. The students and teachers sitting in the audience. Then Tamasi and Isaac stand up and join the rest of the school captains. Then everybody starts clapping.

3. INFER: I think the author wants me to know... The author didn't actually say.... but I think... Things seem... -
Answer: I think that the author wants me to know that we should always do the right thing. Even though Tamasi is Isaac’s friend he still should’ve told Miss Latu straight away.

4. CONNECT: This part reminds me of... My life... The world... Other texts... -
Answer: In the beginning when they announce the school captains. It reminds me of when Joshua, Patrick, Rosrine and I first got announced school leaders in our Opening Mass.

5. FEEL: Which parts did you have an emotional connection to? How did YOU feel when you read this part? -
Answer: The part that I connected to was when Tamasi asked Isaac to lie for him.

6. EVALUATE: Was this good? Why? Why not? What would make it better?  
Answer: I think that this book was quite good. This book was good for me because it had a moral to the story. I also think that the structure was good and also the vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.