Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Memorable Time: A Tragic Bike Accident

It was a cloudy but windy afternoon and my Dad had just dropped my sister and I off to my Aunt’s house. “Do you have to go to training?” I asked my Dad. “Yes, I have to!” He replied. I sighed heavily and jumped out of the car. “Stay inside the house,” he strictly warned us. “Mm-hm,” the same thing that I always replied. “Bye,” he said and he starting driving off. So I just waved back and watched his small black car fade into the distance.

While I was approaching the front door I noticed something purple out of the corner of my eye. ‘A bike?’ I thought to myself. I gazed at it for a second and had a thought of riding it. This made me excited, but that excitement quickly faded when my Father’s words appeared back into my head. I heavily sighed again and walked inside the house and sat down. I then heard the familiar voices of my older cousins, so in some way it made it less boring.

I tried to get the thought of the purple bike out of my head, but I couldn’t. So I snuck out quietly and saw the purple bike in the same position that I had first found it. To me it had the words ‘ride me’ written on it. So I jumped on it and rode down the driveway. I felt so free and ‘grown’ up, even though I was only like 7 years-old. I made the choice to go to the top of the hill and ride back down, bad choice.

I started riding down the hill, thinking that it was the best feeling in the world. But suddenly out of nowhere I then saw that there was a lady walking up the hill. The first thing that I thought of was that I would crash into her. So then the logical thing to do would be to hit the brakes, right? Wrong, my 7 year-old brain told me to jump off the bike. So that’s what I did, unluckily for me I landed face first on the concrete.

“Are you ok?” She asked me. But I didn’t need to answer that question because of the state that my face was in. “Where do you live?” She said worriedly and I pointed to my Aunt’s house. We arrived there and my Aunt opened up the door. But she was greeted with a random lady and a niece with a bloody face.

She rushed me to the couch and I sat down with my other cousins surrounding me. “Get the clothe, get the first aid-kit!” My Aunt screamed. My other cousins standing there with shocked faces. “Hello, Sonny? I heard my older cousin say on the phone. ‘Uh-oh’ I thought to myself, ‘I’m in big trouble.’ But for me it was the first time that I had ever had a bloody nose, so in some way I tried to see the bright side of it but couldn’t. Minutes later my father drove down the driveway like a crazy person and rushed through the door.

I looked at him and he looked at me with a horrific expression on his face. He took me inside the car and he drove off to the doctors in silence. The doctors took a look at me and said something along the lines of, “ok it looks like she will have to go to the Starship Hospital.” But first my Dad bought some medication for me at the Pharmacy.

During that whole time he hadn’t even said a word to me, so I knew what that meant. “Dad, I am so so sorry for not listening to you.” I said remorsely. “You didn’t listen to me, now look what has happened to you.” He replied.

I regretted picking up that bike and felt like a wall of disappointment had just hit me right in the face. After going to the Starship Hospital I cleaned up and went to sleep. But this was something that was really hard for me to do because I just kept thinking ‘if the bike was never there, this would of had never happened.’ But I knew deep down that the bike wasn’t the enemy in this situation. ‘What’s wrong with you Alecia?’ I kept repeating to myself in my head.

For me even though this wasn’t the saddest event that I had ever experience, it sure did scar me for a long time. I just remembered going to school with people giving me funny looks, which was really hard for me because I knew why. This was a sad event because firstly I was in a lot of pain. Secondly because my face was messed. Thirdly and most importantly I disobeyed my Father’s rules and so he was really disappointed in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.